The Order of Sileo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order of Sileo

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IRC Guide 

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DomT

Authority : 0

IRC Guide  Empty
PostSubject: IRC Guide    IRC Guide  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Using IRC to its fullest potential!

Table of Contents:
I. Clients and Web Clients
II. Server and Channels
III. Nick Registration
IV. Auto-Join and other commands

I. Clients and Web Clients

IRC Clients are used to connect to a server and join channels. Some record chat logs from the channels and queries you participate in and more basic web clients just allow you to connect to the server use commands etc.

Web Clients:
The Chatroom banner found at the top of the page connects you to the congo’s public channel #sileo on coldfront. This is the easiest and fastest way to get in contact with the rest of the Order!

Clients:

Personally, I recommend mIRC or Icechat. They have a variety of great functions including auto Identify and a variety of fantastic functions that will make your life much easier.

mIRC - I personally use mIRC at the moment, great interface but they try to get you to buy a copy and it can sometimes be annoying.

Icechat 7 - Free and open source. Ice chat is a great client, almost better than mIRC for scripts etc if your a more advanced IRC user.

II. Server and Channels

99% of all Cyber Nations related channels can be found on irc.coldfront.net, coldfront is a very popular IRC server and has thousands of channels. I wouldn't recommend searching through the channel list for #sileo or any other channel. I’ll teach you guys how to connect to channels manually.

Important channels for the Order…

#sileo - Our public channel, friends and foes alike hang out in this channel so we try to keep any alliance related chatter our of it.
#rebirth - We have organized a grand hideout for everyone to come and meet. We discuss alliance related matters in this channel and any non-member is banned quickly. Keep this channel a secret.

To join a channel, type:
Code:
/join #channelname

Example:
Code:
/join #sileo

III. Nick Registration

Registering your nickname allows you to own your name persay. Other people cant use it and must identify or be kicked off. This helps prevent people from pretending to be you and allows you to create an ajoin list and receive moderator in a channel.

To register your nickname, use the following command entered into the chat bar; Make sure you have your desired nickname pre-set:

Code:
/msg NickServ REGISTER [password] [email]

Example: /msg NickServ REGISTER mypassword you@validemail.com
Note: The email address must be a valid email address you can use, and password must be a valid password (i.e., it cannot be your nickname or less than 5 characters long).

After issuing that command, an email will be dispatched with a confirmation code to your email address. Copy and paste the code from your email and paste it into the chat bar on IRC. This will validate your registration and allow you to identify your username.

Now whenever you log onto IRC enter this command:

Code:
/ns IDENTIFY [yourpass]

IV. Auto-Join and other commands

Auto-Join:

Referred to as ajoin from here on out, ajoin will connect to all the channels on the list when you Identify your name. This allows you to effortlessly join multiple channels.

Basic AJOIN commands:

Code:
/ns AJOIN {ADD | DEL | LIST} [channel]

These two commands will add #sileo and #rebirth to your list so you auto join them upon identification:

Code:
/ns AJOIN ADD #sileo
/ns AJOIN ADD #rebirth

Whois:
If you dont know who someone is, you can whois them and see all the channels they’re in. If they are not in #rebirth they’re probably not a member.

Code:
/whois USERNAME

Last edited by DomT on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VirtusDinami

VirtusDinami

Authority : 2

IRC Guide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Guide    IRC Guide  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 7:58 pm

Make sure to properly type out your nickname before you register it.
Back to top Go down
Karagos

Karagos

Authority : 5

IRC Guide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Guide    IRC Guide  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 8:35 pm

Awesome guide, thanks Dom.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Hanson

Jacob Hanson

Authority : 2

IRC Guide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Guide    IRC Guide  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 10:12 pm

Yes thanks Dom, This doesn't look familiar at allllllllllllllllllllllllll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IRC Guide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Guide    IRC Guide  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IRC Guide 
Page 1 of 1